skip to navigation |
skip to content
| skip to search box
Sodexo Foundation supports and partners with many programs and organizations that focus on fighting childhood hunger in the United States.
We are proud to create and support programs that work to ensure that every child in the United States, especially those most at-risk, grows up with dependable access to enough nutritious food to enable them to lead a healthy, productive life.
Sodexo’s STOP Hunger program mobilizes entire Sodexo communities to join forces to fight hunger. Since 1996, Sodexo employees have been focused on this effort -- holding fundraisers; donating their time, resources and expertise; and encouraging clients and customers to help end hunger by supporting many of our programs and partners including:
- Feeding Our Future® – a summer meal program where Sodexo partners with community hunger relief organizations to provide nutritious meals to children. This program donates the food necessary to provide summer meals to children who would otherwise go hungry.
- Sodexo Servathon – Sodexo sets aside the month of April for its employees globally to join forces to fight hunger in their communities. Employees gain gratifying experiences while developing important team-building skills. Servathon activities include: fundraisers, food drives, volunteering at food banks, donating surplus food, and payroll deductions.
- Food Donations – Sodexo donates surplus perishable and non-perishable food to Feeding America members and other local food banks across the country. All of our accounts are encouraged to "recycle" surplus food by donating to local food banks.
- Backpack Food Program – a program of local food banks that Sodexo supports to provide backpacks filled with nutritious, easy-to-prepare, non-perishable food for students who are at-risk of hunger when free or reduced-price school lunches are not available. Backpacks are discreetly distributed to deserving students in easily accessible and safe environments on the last day prior to a weekend or holiday vacation.
- The Campus Kitchens ProjectSM – a national community service organization that works with students to share on-campus kitchen space, to recover food from cafeterias, and engage students as volunteers who prepare and deliver meals to the community. The program is funded in-part by Sodexo Foundation and is present on 13 Sodexo-supported campuses.
Recognition Programs of Sodexo Foundation:
- Stephen J. Brady STOP Hunger Scholarships – a program that recognizes students who are driving awareness and mobilizing youth to be catalysts for innovative models that provide solutions to eliminate hunger in America. Scholarship recipients receive a $5,000 scholarship as well as a matching grant for their hunger-related charity.
- Heroes of Everyday Life® – Sodexo recognizes employees who have invested time, talent, and service spirit to help those at risk of hunger. Award recipients are honored at the Sodexo Foundation Dinner and receive $5,000 for their hunger-related charity of choice.
Sodexo Foundation also provides scholarships to students with financial need and a demonstrated commitment to fighting childhood hunger through the United Negro College Fund, Hispanic College Fund and Asian and Pacific Islander American Scholarship Fund.
Please note: Sodexo Foundation does not review or consider grant applications.