My name is Cassie Muller and fighting childhood hunger has become my passion. Three years ago I was selected as a STOP Hunger Scholar for my service providing meals to children in my community. My favorite part is watching the kids smile while they enjoy a hot meal. With the matching grant I received from winning a Sodexo Foundation STOP Hunger Scholarship, I was able to put the money toward feeding even more children. To learn more about my story, click here.
Applications are now being taken for the Sodexo Foundation’s 2011 STOP Hunger Scholarship program, which recognizes the great work young people do in their communities to fight hunger. STOP Hunger Scholars receive a $5,000 scholarship and the local organization of their choice also receives a $5,000 grant.
In these challenging times, $5,000 for school is quite an incentive to fill out an application. But…if you need some more motivation, here are the Top 5 Reasons For Applying:
5. Scholarships have been awarded to students as young as 7 and as “old” as 22.
4. You get to fly to Washington, D.C. to attend the Sodexo Foundation dinner – for free.
3. Winning a $5,000 scholarship is better than mowing 500 lawns or scooping lots of ice cream to raise money for school!
2. Meet other STOP Hunger Scholars who are also doing their part to fight hunger.
1. You don’t volunteer for the money or school credit, but it’s always nice to be recognized for helping others.
If you need even more of a reason, click here to see for yourself how other STOP Hunger Scholars are fighting hunger in their communities.
Have I convinced you? I hope so, because now’s the time to apply for the Sodexo Foundation 2011 STOP Hunger Scholarships! Don’t wait – the application period closes February 18, 2011!
2008 STOP Hunger Scholar
Help us spread the word by posting the $5,000 scholarships flyer at your school, on campus or in your local community.