skip to navigation | skip to content | skip to search box
The Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships are designed to recognize and reward the great steps students are taking to fight hunger in our communities across the United States. By submitting an application, you agree that what you send will be deemed non-confidential and you grant Sodexo Foundation and Sodexo, Inc. (along with its subsidiaries and affiliates) the right to use, copy, modify, edit, publish, transmit, and display your submission via any media, and that Sodexo Foundation and Sodexo, Inc. will be free to use your name and other identifying information, unless you specifically request in writing that we not do so.
Applications close on December 5, 2014. All Community Service Recommendations must be submitted by December 11, 2014. Winners will be notified in March 2015, and a list of all winners will be posted on www.SodexoFoundation.org in June. Only winners will be notified.
1. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited educational institution (kindergarten through graduate school) in the United States. All applicants must be ages 5-25 and meet the age requirement by October 5, 2014.
2. All applicants must have demonstrated on-going commitment to their community by performing unpaid volunteer services impacting hunger in the United States within the last 12 months.
3. All applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States who reside in the contiguous United States, Alaska, and Hawaii only.
4. Volunteer services performed by applicant must help non-family members.
5. If applicant is selected as a potential national Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarship recipient or regional Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Honoree, in order to be confirmed as a winner, the student's parent or legal guardian must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Assignment of Rights.
6. Scholarship funds awarded to winners must be used for tuition and related fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for courses at an accredited post-secondary education institution.
1. Applicants and Recommenders must supply a valid e-mail address. Correspondence throughout the entire application process will be by e-mail only. If you fail to use a valid e-mail address that will accommodate bulk mail and/or attached documents, your application may not be considered.
2. Application form must be complete, and all information requested must be supplied. Please print a hard copy of your application form to retain for your records (do not send a printed copy of the nomination). Only information presented at the time of application submission will be considered. No additional information will be accepted.
3. We may select up to five national scholarship recipients; however, we reserve the right to select fewer than five national winners.
4. Each student selected as a national Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarship recipient will receive a $5,000 scholarship, as well as a $5,000 grant made in their name to the hunger-related charity of their choice in their local community. If the student selected is in school, but is not yet enrolled in an institution of higher education, then in lieu of a scholarship, a contribution in the amount of $5,000 shall be made to a qualified 529 Plan established by the family of that student for the benefit of that student.
5. We may select up to 20 regional Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Honorees; however, we reserve the right to select fewer than 20 regional winners.
6. Each student selected as a regional Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Honoree will receive a $1,000 grant made in their name to the hunger-related charity of their choice in their local community.
7. Employees of Sodexo Foundation and Sodexo, Inc. are not eligible to receive an award, but family members who are not employees of Sodexo Foundation or Sodexo, Inc may apply.
8. Applications must be submitted online from October 5 through December 5, 2014 (11:59 p.m. PST). Do not fax, mail, or send a printed copy of the application submission. Only information presented at the time of application submission will be considered. No additional information will be accepted. Applicants must obtain a Community Service Recommendation as part of the application process. Recommendations must be submitted online by December 11, 2014.
9. Multiple applications for the same applicant will not be accepted. If more than one application for an individual is received, the first application received will be the application accepted and reviewed.
10. All applications will become the property of Sodexo Foundation and will not be returned.
11. Winners will be notified in March 2015, and a list of all winners will be posted on www.SodexoFoundation.org in June. Only winners will be notified.
12. Scholarships awarded under this program may be subject to federal, state, and local tax. Individuals should consult their tax advisor.
By submitting an applicationop, the applicant indicates that he/she understands and accepts the terms for the Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships. For additional information regarding the scholarship program contact ISTS by email at StopHunger@applyists.com or by phone at 615 320 3149. When emailing or calling, please indicate that you are inquiring about the Sodexo Foundation Stephen J. Brady St Hunger Scholarships.
Back to top