Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships
The Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships recognize students who are driving awareness and mobilizing youth to be catalysts for innovative models and solutions to eliminate hunger in America.
The Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships recognize and reward students who have made a significant impact in the fight against hunger. The scholarship recipients each receive $5,000 for their education as well as a matching grant in their name for the hunger-related charity of their choice. The Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarship is named for the Sodexo Foundation's founder and former president, who was an unstoppable champion in the fight to end hunger. Thanks to Steve's efforts, which made these scholarships possible, an emerging generation of leaders will be cultivated in the fight against hunger.
The application period for the Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarship will open on Oct. 5, 2015. Come back to apply!
- Applications for Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships are accepted from Oct. 5 through Dec. 5, 2015.
- Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships are open to students ages 5-25 (Kindergarten through graduate school) enrolled in an accredited educational institution in the United States. Applicants must meet the age requirement by Oct. 5, 2015.
- Applicants must have demonstrated on-going commitment to their community by performing unpaid volunteer services impacting hunger in the United States at least within the last 12 months. Added consideration is given to students working to fight childhood hunger.
- Volunteer services must be helping non-family members.
- Multiple applications of the same student will not be accepted; if more than one application for an individual is received, the first application received will be the application accepted and reviewed.
- Applicants must obtain a Community Service Recommendation as part of the application process.
- Recommenders must be at least 21 years of age, may NOT be your parent, guardian or family member, and must submit their recommendation by Dec. 11, 2015.
- All applicants and recommenders must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- Employees of Sodexo are not eligible to apply for the Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships; but they may refer family members who are not employees of Sodexo.
- Previous national Stop Hunger Scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply.
- Previous regional Stop Hunger Honorees are eligible to apply.
For additional information regarding the scholarship program contact ISTS by email at StopHunger@applyists.com or by phone at 615 320 3149. When emailing or calling, please indicate that you are inquiring about the Sodexo Foundation Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarships.